A Digital SME assists clients in the management of their digital advertising production. They work collaboratively with Clients and their advertising Agencies to define guidelines for many types of digital projects, identify risks, mitigate strategies for process and cost efficiencies. Digital SME’s draw upon their experience in digital production and best practices to help Clients outline items that may impact the success of each project (ROI), including the financial success (estimate reviews), on-time delivery success (project schedules), and process guidelines (communication success).
The scope of Digital Subject Matter Expert’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Reviews creative strategies and draws upon digital project experience to identify risks and issues on-set and throughout project duration.
• Proactively identifies opportunities to adjust the current project processes for efficiencies.
• Ensures client guidelines are followed on each project, and where appropriate, highlights exceptions with solutions.
• Works closely with Clients and their advertising Agencies to define production guidelines, cost benchmarks and communication best practices.
• Reviews project change requests including changes to scope, schedule or cost while helping to educate the team on trade-offs between each.
• Evaluates digital production Statements of Work (SOWs) for clarity of all deliverables. Identifies missing or incomplete sections that may impact the delivery and cost of the project.
• Reviews project timelines based upon Client expectations and review cycles. Assists in outlining any partner timing expectations for delivery.
• Reviews the project breakdown of costs (all Agency estimates, vendor backup) and assists the Agency and Client in reducing costs where appropriate without sacrificing quality of production or creative integrity.
• Reviews all project change orders for overall project scope, timing, and cost impact.
Communication and Client Management
• Demonstrates confidence and ease when presenting to mid-level client groups or when leading large Client and Agency team discussions.
• Responds effectively to client questions and consistently sets clear expectations for timing to complete requests.
• Partners with the APR Production Supervisor and Client in a positive, professional and constructive way, establishing solid relationships and trust.
• Assists the Digital Practice Leader with creating excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations when needed.
• Supports the Brand Executive Producer and the Managing Director as needed.
• Regularly reports project status and efficiencies to the Digital Practice Leader.
• Participates in Company/Client training sessions on digital production.
• A minimum of five (5) years of professional project management experience across various digital mediums, including website development, online advertising, social media and evolving digital advertising mediums.
• An understanding of the phases of the digital process in detail, including the Discovery, Design, Development and Deploy phases. Clearly able to articulate how deliverables for various media formats may differ within each phase.
• Demonstrated experience with budgets and SOW terms for digital projects.
• Strong communication skills, with experience in communication to both Client and Agency teams.
• Prior production company or digital agency experience is preferred.
• Expertise or experience in other media a plus.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service – if this is your content and you’re reading it on someone else’s site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.